We’re well into the back to school groove…slowly getting adjusted to the lunch making routine and the need for speedy dinners. How have you been making out? Maybe it’s still feeling a bit overwhelming…and that’s okay! Sometimes it can take a couple weeks to get back into a routine.
Keep things simple …especially during times where a lot of change is taking place. First place to keep it simple is…in the kitchen! Don’t overcomplicate your life with elaborate weekday meals. Here we have a delicious Pear & Apple Chicken Salad Wrap that can easily be made as a quick weekday dinner…or even for work/school lunches if you have leftover chicken from the night before! Enjoy 🙂
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked in garlic and lemon juice
- 2 cups of salad greens of your choice
- 1 Bartlett Pear, washed, cored and sliced
- 1 Gala Apple, washed, cored and sliced
- 1/8 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 celery stalk, chopped finely
- 4-6 whole-wheat tortillas
- 4 Tbsp. of Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. chopped dill
- 2-3 Tbsp. Feta Cheese (optional)
1. Cook chicken at 375 F in oven for about 40 minutes – until internal temperature reaches 165 F. Slice into bite sized pieces and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise with the chopped dill to make a dressing.
3. Wash and chop apple, pear, red onion and celery.
4. Spread each tortilla with the mayonnaise mixture. Divide the salad greens and bite sized chicken pieces between each tortilla. Top with apple, pear, red onion, celery and feta cheese.
5. Fold the sides of the tortilla to enclose the filling.
Place in a container for school lunches. Make sure it’s kept in the refrigerator or a cooler if going to be in room temperature for more than 2 hours!