Here’s a simple recipe that is definitely a good reminder of spring/summer when you make it during the Winter months! …if you have strawberries and/or rhubarb stored in your freezer from the summer, even better…perfect time to bust them out!
Simple & Sweet Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble
Serves: approx. 8 people
- 4 cups strawberries
- 4 cups rhubarb
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees C. Grease a baking dish with cooking spray or butter. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix fruit with sugar and flour. Put in the baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, mix all ingredients for the crumble until it has a granola-like texture.
- Place crumble on top of fruit mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until crumble is golden brown and fruit mixture is bubbling and fruit is tender (use a toothpick to check).
*Note: for frozen fruit, thaw beforehand or the final product will be too watery – cooking time may need to increase slightly.