That was FAST! October has come and gone…and what’s left is a whole lot of pumpkins! …Maybe you even have some extra cans of pumpkin puree kicking around…if you’re not all “pumpkin’ed out”…you have GOT TO TRY these amazing healthy Pumpkin Pie Muffins! Super simple and easy to make…and taste amazing for breakfast with a little bit of almond or peanut butter on them…#yum!
Here’s the recipe 🙂
Pumpkin Pie Muffins (makes 12 muffins)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cups oats
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- walnuts halves or chopped almonds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees C. Line a muffin pan with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, oats, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- In a small bowl, add egg, vegetable oil and milk. Whisk them together. Add pumpkin puree.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix together with a spatula. Make sure all ingredients are combined.
- Add approximately 1 tbsp. of the batter to the lined muffin cups. Top with chopped almond slivers or walnut halves. Bake for 20-23 minutes or until golden brown.