Ever get tired of reading labels of granola/breakfast bars and wondering what the HECK are these ingredients?! …You may love snacking on granola bars, maybe your kids do… and we’re okay with that!…but when you are choosing them because they’re a nutritious option…let’s make sure they are…and if you’re confused…Make them from scratch!
We created this amazing Peanut Butter Breakfast …inspired by @sallysbakeblog Breakfast Cookies that are SO easy to make and will blow your mind with how good they taste. You can actually taste EVERY ingredient. So…take 30 minutes to make this recipe and enjoy!
Peanut Butter Breakfast Bars
(makes approx. 15 bars)
- 2 cups of quick oats
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup peanut butter (or almond butter/cashew butter/sunflower seed butter – you choose!)
- 2 tsp. organic agave syrup (because we had some in the pantry!..you can sweeten with honey too)
- 2 tbsp. Greek yogourt (2% used here, but you can use 1% or fat free…why not?)
- 1 large banana (mashed)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup shelled pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients into one large bowl. Mix until combine. Dough will be stiff.
- Spoon 1 tbsp. of dough and place onto cookie sheet. Flatten the top to make the bar desired thickness.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes or until edges are brown. Allow to cool completely. You can freeze them in batches to take out and eat throughout the week!